Last day with the Papa Francesco

This past Wednesday, Papa Francesco and I hung out for the last time.
To truly appreciate the moment, we decided to go for a regular picture instead of a selfie together.


Look at that smile!! That man is so filled with hope and joy. I lost count of how many babies and children he kissed. Even though there might be several problems in the Catholic Church, having someone like Papa Francesco at the head can't help but make you feel better.

He truly fills me with hope.

But, last Papal audience?
I can't believe it.
The lasts have already started.

Never before have I felt this overwhelming feeling that is completely bittersweet.
Half of me never, ever wants to leave this place, the food, the culture, these friends.
Half of me cannot wait to see my family, my friends, and especially my dog.

I'm absolutely torn. Whenever I realize my days here are numbered though, I resist the urge to just sit down and cry. Rome is such a beautiful city. It's become my city, my home.

How will I say good-bye?


I won't. Instead, it will be a "See you later."

I did throw those coins into the Trevi fountain, didn't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Firsts

The Land of My People

On to another adventure