A Boxing Match

As I stand there, brushing me teeth, I stop. The most random thought just jumped to the forefront:

"Life's really a boxing match. Life's a boxing match and I'm playing it all wrong....
Why am I throwing the punches and taking the hits? God should. 

He shouldn't be on the sideline, waiting to sub in. 
I take a stab at it, get overwhelmed, and then tap out. 
Really, though, I should be letting him take my hits, take my punches."

Weird toothbrush thoughts, right? I don't know where that came from, but it was something I had to write down, had to share (despite the already crazy number of life analogies out there). 

Maybe writing it down, maybe seeing this weeks, months later will remind me that God's the best boxer there is. 

I just need to trust Him. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Firsts

The Land of My People

On to another adventure