Where I'm meant to be

Outside.

Hiking up a mountain, strolling by the sea. Going somewhere or nowhere.
When I'm outside, I'm at peace.

This realization didn't dawn on me until this past Saturday. Yes, I have always loved the outdoors. But the realization that I belong outside did not strike me until I was hiking through woods by Loch Raven Reservoir.

There were no mountains or vall
eys, no gushing rivers or waterfalls.
Instead, the breath-taking view was in the simple rustle of the leaves in the wind, the sunlight through the canopy of trees, the still water, and scattered leaves on the dirt path.





















Nature is simply incredible.
I can't even comprehend the amount of detail He put into all of his creation.
Every day I pass by his masterpieces, giving them no thought.
Hiking reminds me.
It pulls me back to the truth, the  truth of His greatness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Firsts

The Land of My People

On to another adventure