A moment

You step outside of yourself and realize that this is a moment, this is a memory you want to hold on to. And you know it will end, so you find yourself looking around, everywhere, left and right. Your nose grabs on to any smell it can. You try to embed every detail you can in your store of precious memories.

There I was, in the middle of a crowd, hunched under a hasty umbrella canopy my friend and I created. My free hand clung to hers and we inched our feet towards our chests. The rain persisted on our backs as the thunder pounded louder and louder. We were so very wet.

And it was glorious.

Yes, we came for Ed Sheeran. And yes, he completely blew me away with every note he hit, every harmony, every humble smile. But, I will forever remember the concert as that moment.
That moment under umbrellas.
That moment of screaming with the crowd at every lightning strike.
That moment of laughter at our wet selves.

That moment of finding joy in the storm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Firsts

The Land of My People

On to another adventure