A motivation pep talk to myself

It's in unmotivated times like this I'm somehow motivated to write here.
When I say unmotivated, it's a lack of motivation for the immediate homework assignment,
for that extra-credit paper that is due two days away.

My head's buzzing, my fingers want to type, to create.
I blame the warm weather, the warm summer weather that enticed me earlier to swing,
to go out for an ice cream cone (the best, Uncle Wiggly's).

Where I am right now, where a lot of my friends are right now, is on the cusp of choosing among different futures, different paths...it's pretty exhilarating if you let it sink in.

You don't realize it every day.
If you "future-thought" every day you'd be exhausted (more than usual).
But every now and then it hits you.
Like for me it's right now.

And yes, it's scary. There are quite a few "I don't know"'s hanging about.
I don't know where I'll be living after July 31st.
I don't know if I'll have a job when I graduate.
I don't know when/if I'll go to graduate school.
I don't know where I'll end up, who I'll be.

There's quite a bit of uncertainty there.
But it's not something to shy away from, that's too easy.
To turn on Netflix, to escape into Parks and Rec.
Too easy.

Let's instead sit up straight,
open the instructions for that extra credit assignment, and get a move on.
The future, that uncertain one is chalk full of possibilities.
Frankly, it's real bright, almost blinding. Embrace the uncertainty, dive into it.
Work for your future. Create your motivation, remember who you want to be.
Remember your center, your core.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week of Firsts

The Land of My People

On to another adventure